The importance of building an email list for any business can’t be overstated.
If you are running email marketing campaigns or outreach, you know how important a list size is.
It can be difficult and time-consuming to build your list from scratch, especially if you aren’t a well-established brand.
Having a mailing list to do email marketing is a critical part of establishing an online presence.
Email lists should be treated as projects themselves since they are challenging and require planning.
We gathered a list of the best email list-building software providers, as well as free options.
Without an active email list, bloggers blogging beyond 2020 will miss out on an incredible transactional opportunity.
List building is the foundation of any customer-based business. The CRM software we have is solely designed for building, managing, and managing leads.
It is, however, not easy to build an effective list. Through email marketing, it is time-consuming and difficult to get good leads and keep them engaged.
Based on my research and analysis here, I have compiled a list of the best tools to build, interact with, and maintain an email list.
Today, I’ll go over 10 tools you can use to build your email list, along with tips for how to make these tools work for your business.
What Are The Best List Building Tool
The best list-building tools are:
OptinMonster : Best for exit-intent pop-ups.
OptionMonster is a list-building software that helps website owners build email lists, yield more effective leads, and increase conversions.
It has plenty of other features and purposes now, but they all work toward the same goal of helping you generate more leads through your website, regardless of the type of website you have or the type of leads you want to generate.
Benefits Of Using OptinMonster
For OptinMonster, four pricing plans are available, each with its own features:
Sendinblue: Best for speed and lightweight implementation
From its extensive feature set (including a CRM, marketing automation, transactional emails, SMS, landing pages, and Facebook ads) to its very competitive pricing, Sendinblue is serious about becoming a major player in the email marketing software market.
Small businesses can increase conversions by enhancing their email campaigns with their help, including advanced email automation, segmentation, personalization, and landing pages and forms.
The features of Sendinblue are impressive without a doubt. What would we suggest? You can try it out on the free version to see if you like it after reading this SendinBlue review.
Maybe you’ll find yourself able to enjoy sophisticated marketing automation on a budget?
Benefits Of Using SendinBlue
- The ability to send transactional emails and SMS
- includes basic CRM features
- An impressive amount of automation and integration
- Template creation options that are more extensive
- creating email marketing campaigns
- It Comes With email marketing automation
- It Comes With transactional email and SMS
- social media marketing
Our Sendinblue review will probably be of most interest to you in this section. Prices and the number of emails you can send on each plan are as follows:
Firstly, SendinBlue charges “per email sent” and not by the size of your contact list.
So, no matter how big or small your list is, Sendinblue will not charge you more.
Another important point is that the plan is free! 9,000 emails a month translates to 300 emails/day. There are 2,000 contacts per email automation.
This free plan might be sufficient if you’re just starting out and have a list of between 100 and 500 subscribers.
Outgrow: Best to engage website visitors with real-time statistics.
As a great platform, Outgrow makes it simple to create a variety of engaging, colorful, and hopefully interactive content such as interactive quizzes, assessments, surveys, calculators, etc.
This tool is for you if you want to boost customer engagement, generate more leads, increase traffic, and generate more conversions (who doesn’t?! ), among other things.
A list-building tool must include interactive content, and this software lets you create interactive quizzes, polls, survey forms, and chatbots.
This is perfect for content creators who want to take advantage of interactive content at an affordable price. You will be able to provide real value to your users and enhance their experiences, resulting in real results for your brand.
Benefits Of Using Outgrow
- Create a variety of list-building tools without coding. Without coding skills, Outgrow gives you the ability to build simple and advanced marketing tools.
- Create custom forms in a modern style. You can customize Outgrow’s list building and data forms to reflect your brand so that your audience can easily relate to them.
- Embed interactive experiences across multiple platforms. You can use Outgrow to get your audience’s attention by creating pop-ups or forms anywhere, including on websites, chatbots, emails, bars, etc.
- Use data to analyze and leverage performance. Analyzing performance with a robust analytics panel can help to improve the process.
In addition to the free trial, Outgrow offers lower-tier pricing options. You do not need a credit card to start a free trial. Simply enter your email address, and you can begin using the platform right away.
You need to upgrade to one of the premium plans and select your own package to unlock all of the software’s functions (for example, generating leads, options for quizzes and calculators, interactive test, and more features) from the free trial.
Optimonk, an email list-building tool used by more than 40,000 websites, helps increase lead generation and conversion on eCommerce sites like Shopify.
Aside from offering a free list-building plan, OptiMonk is complete and specialized software. A lot of options are available using this tool, such as sidebars, popups, and full-screen notifications
Optimonk is a free tool that has proven to be competitive in the eCommerce realm.
OptiMonk’s strength lies in the fact that it optimizes your leads and converts them to sales more effectively than a simple email outreach list.
Benefits Of Using Optimonk
- There is a large collection of examples to make the process of building popups a lot easier.
- It triggers unique popups based on inactivity or page usage to keep engagement high by identifying exit intent.
- Scroll-based trigger: Display your message after a visitor scrolls down at least X percent of your page.
- Offer specific products depending on their needs. As well as being highly specialized for eCommerce websites, its powerful targeting also makes it possible to generate more leads by retargeting and targeting based on behavioral patterns.
- It offers a variety of features. You can use multiple tools within Optimonk to make your experience smooth. You can perform A/B testing, advanced targeting, real-time analytics, and integrate email and eCommerce platforms.
You can test out the services free of charge. You can, however, get even more from the other plans for a very low price.
25,000 views are included in the Essential plan, which costs only $29/month, while the Growth plan costs $79/month. One of the most popular plans is the Premium plan, priced at $199/month.
Bloom: Best to integrate with the most popular email marketing platforms
Using Bloom, WordPress sites can target email contacts using email list-building software.
With this list-building tool, you can build interactive forms anywhere on your website using special targeting techniques. It is a popular plugin from Elegant Themes.
Bloom has a beautiful and intuitive interface which makes it easy and fast to use.
WordPress users can take advantage of this plug-in that provides great pre-made templates and facilitates their email marketing activities.
The only downside is that it does not offer drag-and-drop functionality like the others on this list.
Benefits Of Using Bloom
- Multiple display and pop-up types are available. You can use Bloom to display pop-ups on your landing pages from several beautiful themes that come in six different styles, such as fly-ins, inline, below content, widget area, and unlock required.
- Create a pop-up that represents your brand well. Choose or use more than 100 templates to create a unique pop-up or form tailored to your tastes. Customize features such as color, orientation, and borders.
- Automate and manage your workflows from one place. Bloom allows you to change settings, test processes, track changes, get statistics, and even import or export data.
- It is possible to set a time for the popup or form to appear. This makes it less intrusive for the user.
Compared to other pricing plans, Bloom’s is quite different.
Sleeknote: Best UI and ease of use
Using SleekNote, a great list-building tool that works best with pop-ups is another great option. Pop-ups can be displayed for Giveaways, discounts, and newsletters. There are no limits to how creative you can be.
Additionally, SleekNote is user-friendly, making it a good choice for beginners. Customer support is excellent, and there is even a section on the site for tutorials and examples of Popup campaigns to build your authority.
Specifically designed for eCommerce and service websites, it makes it easy to grow your email list.
Benefits Of Using Sleeknote
- Smart Trigger: A unique capability to target qualified prospects based on your preferences and guide them through your funnel.
- Fast-loading landing pages courtesy of lightweight design.
- Targeting capabilities that are powerful. Consequently, Sleeknote’s targeting is highly targeted using parameters such as referral source, sales funnel route, and whether the user is new or returning. You can use these parameters to optimize your landing pages more efficiently.
- Customize templates to match your brand and target audience. You can design pop-ups and slide-ins that suit your business needs and appeal to visitors with its user-friendly pop-up builder.
- Stay compliant with Google’s policies by optimizing your website. With Sleeknote’s services, you stay on the right side of Google’s interstitials policy.
Among Outgrow’s flexible plans, the Freelancer Limited plan is available for $14/month.
There is a Freelancer plan for $25/month, an Essentials plan for $95/month, and a Business plan for $600/month.
GetSiteControl: Best “bang for the buck” solution
Many email list-building tools exist, but none are as comprehensive as this one. This makes it one of my top picks if you are looking for a list-building tool that can do it all from one simple dashboard.
Build your email list with one of the easiest and simplest methods possible
Pop-ups are ideal for landing new subscribers, sales, survey responses, and offering deals and general information on your site.
Getting in control of leads is easy with GetSiteControl’s all-in-one lead targeting platform. There are several survey widgets, pop-ups, opt-in forms, contact forms, social media buttons, and even chatbot widgets to choose from.
Benefits Of using GetSite Control
- Different targeting options are available. But if you want your forms to appear based on clocks or behavioral triggers, GetSiteControl makes that possible.
- Results are available on multiple platforms. Whether your audience is using a mobile device or a desktop, GetSiteControl’s pop-ups are perfectly optimized to display on every device.
- You can share services and results between multiple applications. Your services can be used on these apps or shared with them. GetSiteControl integrates with thousands of marketing tools.
- Monitor results live. Using its comprehensive dashboard, GetSiteControl notifies you of all views and clicks as your pages convert in real-time.
- You do not have to worry about mobile visitors or Persona Computer visitors. GetSiteControl supports both types of visitors.
- Real-time dashboards: View your email list, and build statistics live. Visitors’ actions on your website are refreshed instantly.
- Cross-selling and upselling options are available.
- Activity tracker, stop pop-ups that appear after a visitor abandons their shopping cart.
GetSite Control Pricing
The pricing plans at GetSiteControl are some of the most affordable and straightforward.
You can get 20,000 widget views each month with the Small plan for just $7/month.
It costs $14/month for the Medium plan, which allows 100,000 widget views, and $21/month for the Large plan, which allows 500,000 widget views.
You can also try it for free, so you can test it 100% risk-free.
With Hello Bar, you can engage your visitors in ways that will encourage them to join your mailing list and marketing campaigns. The tool is helpful in directing visitors to specific pages, announcing giveaways, and promoting discounts and giveaways.
Floating or fixed HelloBar bars appear when a visitor scrolls or appear at a set time or position.
List building software with up to 5,000 interactions per month, 100% FREE, is excellent for anyone interested in trying a free tool for the first time.
Welcome to Bar, the company that directs visitors to your website’s specific pages.
Benefits Of using Hello Bar
- Websites and other marketing tools can be used. Hello, Bar’s services are compatible with numerous other email marketing platforms, and they can be used on any website, including Shopify, Wix, MailChimp, WordPress, etc.
- Effectively and precisely target your audience. With its advanced targeting features, you can deliver the most relevant and effective messages based on parameters like location, device, page visited, and time.
- It can be integrated with other commonly used tools such as Shopify, Wix, MailChimp, WordPress, etc
- with a plug-and-play installation. Once the installation is complete, run the program.
- Free A/B testing might not be as good as others, but it is worth it because it is FREE.
- Redirect traffic to relevant pages using pop-ups and bars on the site.
- One of the best tools for building email lists.
Hello Bar Pricing
5,000 sessions are available for free with Hello Bar’s Starter plan. The plan also includes basic support, design, and limited pop-ups.
Also included in the complete plan list is the rich Elite plan, which gives up to 500,000 sessions at $99/month. Other plans include Premium ($49) and Growth ($29).
In addition to email list building, Omnisend also supports SMS number list building. Pop-ups, web-push, and many other features are available through this full-stack tool.
It is a big advantage of Omnisend that they specialize exclusively in ecommerce email marketing. Due to specializing in this area, the services it provides are tailored to the needs of online store owners.
There are advanced segmentation options, transactional emails, and SMS marketing tools available to you as well as eCommerce automation workflows. There is a nice collection of email templates to choose from.
Benefits Of Using Omnisend
- Cookies that are multiplatform: The information captured in cookies can be utilized across various platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Google, Tik Tok, etc.
- You can create a funnel of emails and/or SMSs using marketing automation. The process begins automatically when you receive a lead.
- Free: 0$ per month (500 emails)
- Standard: $16 per month
- Pro: $59 per month
In addition to offering free email list-building software, Omnisend is a simple, economical, and very powerful tool.
How do you build a list?
The process of building an email list of subscribers is called list building.
You can engage with a wider audience, increase conversions from email marketing campaigns, and grow your brand awareness when your list grows.
Aside from organic growth, there are two main approaches to list building: paid acquisition and organic growth.
Your content marketing and outreach efforts should direct your audience to the sign-up form on your website for organic growth.
On the other hand, paid acquisition involves using tools like Facebook Ads and Google Adwords to target customers and subscribers who fit specific criteria, such as demographics, interests, etc.
Together, they can be incredibly powerful, but they each have their own pros and cons. The following are some list-building strategies you can use to optimize your landing page signup form:
Email List Building Software FAQ
What is the process for creating a mailing list? Online list building can be accomplished through website pages, pop-ups, embedded signup forms, and social media accounts. A mailing list can also be built offline at your events or in-store signup sheets.
Choose the contacts folder we created from the address book list. Select all the contacts in the list, and then add them to Members. Once done, save and close the page.
The contact group’s name should be typed on the To line, or on the Bcc line if you don’t want recipients to see the addresses.
What if you don’t have a website but have an email list? There are a number of methods you can use to build an email list without having a website.
To collect email addresses, you can use a landing page, social media, personal contacts, referrals, guest blog posts, podcasts, Medium, Quora, and SlideShare—just to name a few.
For customer support teams who use email, email management tools are useful. Agents can convert emails into support tickets and track them. The collaboration features of these tools are similar, such as chats and notes.
As a conclusion, this guide pointed out the best solutions including Free ones since I too had to start at some point and I understand what it’s like to be on a budget.
With these list-building tools, you can easily generate leads, gain subscribers to your email list, or create automated email campaigns.